Post-doctoral fellows/visiting scientists
Vincent Keryvin, (then) Assistant
Professor, Laboratoire de recherche en
mécanique appliquée de, Université
France. Period of
Kenneth K. Alaneme, (then) Lecturer, Department of
Metallurgical and Materials Engineering, Federal
University of Technology, Nigeria.
S.R.N.Kiran Mangalampalli, Dr. D.S.Kothari Post-Doctoral
Research Fellow, July 2009 to June 2012.
1. P. Murali, “Multi-scale approaches for understanding deformation and fracture mechanisms in amorphous alloys,” 2007.
Now Faculty at BITS Pilani.
2. Aditi Datta, “First principles study of structure and stacking fault energies in some metallic systems,” 2007.
University of Pittsburgh (last known).
3. R. Raghavan, “Effect of free-volume on the fracture and fatigue of amorphous alloys,” 2008.
Now Post Doc at
Max Planck Institute for Iron Research,
4. K. Gopinath, “High temperature fatigue crack growth in a low interstitial high strength nickel based superalloy,” 2009.
5. Parag U. Tandaiya, “Finite element and experimental studies on fracture behavior in bulk metallic glasses,” 2009.
Now Assistant Professor, Department of Mechanical Engineering, IIT-Bombay.
6. Indrani Sen, “Mechanical behavior of B-modified Ti-6Al-4V alloys,” 2010.
Now Assistant Professor at IIT Kharagpur.
7. K. Eswar Prasad, “Plastic deformation during indentation of metals and metallic glasses,” 2011.
Professor, Mahindra Ecole Centrale, Hyderabad,
8. V.D. Divya, “Diffusion and indentation studies on systems related to Ni based superalloys,” 2011.
Now Post Doc at University of Cambridge, UK.
9. Govind Bajargan, " Effect of Li addition on the plasticity of AZ31 Mg alloy," 2013.
Now, Scientist SG at VSSC, Trivandrum.
10. Vyasa V. Shastry, " Some processing and mechanical behavior related issues in Ti-Ni based shape memory alloys", 2013.
Now involved in entrepreneurial activities.
11. Gaurav Singh, " Some mechanical proerties of titanium alloys", 2014.
Now Post Doc at School of Materials, University of Manchester, UK.
12. R. L. Narayan, "Fracture and deformation in metallic glasses and their composites", 2014.
Now Post Doc at Carnegie Mellon University, USA.
13. Soumya S Bhat, "First-principles studies of point defects and phase transformations in materials", 2015.
Now Post Doc at Arizona State University, USA.
14. Manish Kumar Mishra, "Probing Mechanical Properties of Molecular Crystals with Nanoindentation: Application to Crystal
Now Post Doc at McGill University, Canada.
Master’s degree by research
1. S. Jana, “Subsurface deformation during indentation of bulk metallic glasses,” 2002.
PhD in University of Missouri Rolla, USA and
now a Scientist in the Pacific Northwest Labs,
2. R. Raghavan, “Structural relaxation and crystallization in Pd40 Cu30Ni10P20 bulk metallic glass,” 2003.
PhD in URG and now Post Doc at Max Planck
Institute for Iron Research, Dusseldorf,
3. N. Suresh, “Aging response and its effect on mechanical behavior of Cu-Al-Ni single crystal SMAs,” 2004.
Finished PhD in the Netherlands and now a post-doc in University of Cambridge, UK.
4. R. Bhowmick, “Zr-based bulk metallic glass, a study of processing, welding and subsurface deformation mechanisms,” 2004.
PhD at Stanford University and now….
5. S. Kamble, “Indentation strength of piezoelectric ceramics,” 2005.
Senior Engineer in G.E.’s JW Engineering & Research Center, Bangalore.
6. M. Abdul Azeem, “Mechanical behavior of ultralight materials,” 2006.
Finished PhD at Imperial College and now working at University of Manchester.
Master of Engineering
1. N. Ravi Kumar, “Mechanical behavior of Mg-SiC composite,” 2002.
Now with Corborundum, Chennai.
2. P. Sudheer Kumar, “Impact resistance of an Al Foam,” 2002.
3. S. Galgalikar, “Effect of Ag on the mechanical properties of AZ91 alloy,” 2002.
4. Niraj Nayan, “Mechanical fatigue in Ni-Ti shape memory alloys,” 2003.
Scientist, Vikram Sarabhai Space Center, Trivandrum.
5. M. C. Kumaran, “Energy absorption characteristics of aluminum foam during conical indentation,” 2003.
Finished PhD at UT-Austin and now working for Intel.
6. G. Srikant, “Strain distribution underneath a Vickers Indenter,” 2004.
Finished PhD at NCSU and now working for St. Gobain’s Research Center, Chennai.
7. S. K. Giri, “Fatigue in a Ni-Ti-Fe shape memory alloy,” 2004.
R&D Center, Jamshedpur.
8. L. Maheshwari, “Micromechanisms of deformation and fracture in Ti-B Alloys,” 2005.
9. Debdutta Roy, “Fatigue in Ni-Ti SMA wires,” 2006.
Finished PhD at Carnegie Mellon University and now working at St. Gobain’s R&D Center in MA, USA.
10. Murthy Kolluri, “Strain hardening and fatigue in metal foams: the effect if constraint,” 2006.
Finished PhD at Enidhoven University of Technology and now working as Materials Consultant, NRG, Netherlands.
11. Kaushik Das, “Evaluation of mechanical properties of Li2B4O7-BaO-Bi2O3-Nb2O5 glass-ceramics by instrumented indentation,” 2007.
Finished PhD at McMaster University and now working as Assistant Professor at IIT-Bhubaneswar
12. T. Ram Prabhu, “Mechanical characterization of P/M low alloy steel and development of low density cenosphere filled iron foams (cellular steel),” 2008.
Scientist, CEMILAC, Bangalore.
13. K. Boopathy, “Fatigue crack growth behavior in BMG matrix composites and effect of ion implantation on mechanical behavior of as cast BMGs,” 2009.
Now Post Doc at Carnegie Mellon University, USA.
14. E. Amankwah, “Effect of Cu on the mechanical properties of SUS304H austenitic stainless steel under annealed conditions,” 2010. (Student from AUST)
Now a Lecturer in Ghana.
15. K. Obodo, “Variation of constraint factor with respect to temperature using indentation techniques.” 2010 (Student from AUST)
Now a PhD student in South Africa.
16. Ashwin Jayaraman, “Orientation dependence of mechanical properties in ferromagnetic shape memory alloy NiMnGa” 2010.
Now a PhD Student at Harvard University, USA.
17. Abir Bhattacharyya, “Constraint factor in metals: effect of temperature,” 2011.
Now a Postdoctoral Research Associate, Institute for Shock Physics, Washington Sate University, USA.
18. Prince Shaival Singh, “Mechanical properties of BMG matrix composites,” 2011.
Now a PhD student at Carnegie Mellon University, USA.
19. Zita Maria Zachariah, “Tension-compression asymmetry in dilute Mg alloys – rate and temperature effects,” 2012.
Now a PhD
student, ETH-Zurich, Switzerland.
Now faculty at NIT Rourkela.
21. Sourabh Kadambi, " Indentation behavior of shape memory alloys". 2013.
Now a PhD student at North Carolina State University, USA
22. Shankha Nag, "Mechanical Properties of Metallic glasses", 2014.
Now a PhD student at EPFL, Switzerland.